Friday, January 13, 2012

Thanks so much...

Thank you all so much for all the pre-orders for SG Publishing's two latest Sketches for Scrapbooking books. It looks like our initial printing run will need to be larger than we first thought...we're very excited about that!

Sketches for Scrapbooking: One Page Sketches, volume two by Allison Davis
Sketches for Scrapbooking: Travel Sketches, volume one by Debbie Sanders & Allison Davis

Pre-orders can still be placed by clicking here. Your card will be charged now, and the book(s) will ship at the end of January. Local customers can order at SG, or by calling 417-886-0440.

We can't wait for you to see the actual books. The second volume of Allison's one-page sketches is just awesome. The sketches are so different, so cute, and several have banners and flags, and I'll have to admit that I am addicted to those accents right now.

I also realized that although I've resisted one-page sketches except for opening and closing pages of albums, I've been thinking that I may need to change my ways. Since seeing some of these sketches, I realized that I have lots and lots of instances where I have just one or two photos of Stacey and Allison when they were little. We just didn't take as many photos back then, so I think I may need to try out some of these sketches myself. (And the second volume has such a great variety; sketches range from ones with only a single photo, to one that has 18 -- yes, 18 -- photos!)

The travel sketches book should also be a wonderful tool for many scrapbookers. For the first time, I made the layout for one of our covers! I used an 8x10 photo of my husband and I from a cruise we went on several years ago. Several of the sketches use enlargements like 5x7s and 8x10s. If you have an awesome photo, why not give it some special attention. And with the versatility of our sketches, if you don't want to use an enlargement, all you have to do is use that spot for smaller photos. For example, in place of an 8x10, you can use four 4x5 photos. Easy! The other great thing about this new book theme is that each and every sketch can be used for any topic...not just travel.

In less than two weeks, we should have the new books and be ready to ship them. Please place your pre-orders as soon as possible to help us know how large our first order should be.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS