Thursday, September 01, 2011

50,000 views...can you believe it?


 We did it! Over 50,000 people!

We've been keeping an eye on the mega-thread still going strong on the Two Peas in a Bucket message board about the Super Sketch Club designed and sold by Scrapbook Generation. Just a few minutes ago, I checked the numbers and the thread had been seen by 49,999 people! When I read the latest comments and went back to the list of threads, the new number was 50,007. Astonishing!

I've been participating in the message board for several years, and I've never seen anything like it in terms of continued interest in a single topic. This discussion started in March, and it's still going strong in August. In fact, several of the participants get a little antsy if we slip past page two, and they bump it back to the first page again!

In the beginning, I was a little timid about commenting. I'm always afraid I'll say the wrong thing and make someone mad, or that I'll try to be funny (sarcastic -- one of my best/worst qualities!) and it won't come across the right way.

Now, I feel like I know many of these scrapbookers through our continued discussions. Sometimes we've veered off topic, but isn't that expected when a bunch of gals start gabbing? And because of this thread, over 40 "Peas" came from all parts of the country to Scrap-a-Palooza in June and we were able to meet in person. More are coming next week to the September Palooza! It's been so much fun to put real people with the Pea names I've come to know in print.

The thread has been an honest discussion of SG, the Super Sketch Club, our other clubs, our sketch books, our shipping policies, our customer service, and the ever-popular Allison Davis. Not everything said has been positive, but I think about 99 percent of it HAS been positive, even glowing. And people are not shy about asking questions! Sometimes I feel that others can give the best answers to what is being inquired about, and at other times, I think I can provide the best answer. Either way, it's worked!

We thought that our clubs were popular before this thread started. Ha! The growth in the Super Sketch Club alone has been phenomenal. The numbers enrolled are huge, at this point. There have been a couple of times lately when I've tried to order the supplies for the next layout for the club, and the companies don't have enough packs of the paper or the die-cut sheet or sticker sheet for the number of members that we have. I'll have to say that I'm loving this problem!

So, thanks to all of you who have participated in this mega-thread with over 50,000 views and over 1,750 comments. It was started by justalittletike, who I now know as Leslie. She asked this simple question:

"I just joined the super sketch club on SG and I was wondering if anyone has any layouts they can post so I can see what was made with it. Also, how do you like it? I did see the other thread."

At some point, I'm going to print out the entire conversation and put it in a notebook. So many nice things have been said about my family and my family business that I want to be able to keep them always. If I'm having a crummy day, I tend to head over to Two Peas to read the latest comments. Almost always, I leave with a smile!

5 comments:

janet said...

Debbie- that's what it is all about; caring and sharing- for each other and with each other.
Big hugs to ya!
Janet
aka: cherrypicker!

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!
we made it to 50,000!!!

ZoezMom said...

Fantastic! I'm so glad the store has seen increased business in the kit club due to your presence and contributions at 2peas!
Kim
aka ZoezMom

leslie said...

I just saw this and teared up.. it is funny how such simple words can make your day!

leslie/justalittletike

it all starts with a question and ends with an answer!

leslie said...

I just saw this and it made me tear up. It is the little things that get to you.

It all starts with a question and ends with an answer!

leslie/justalittletike

I never would have imagined I caused all this... well sort of

Scrapbook Generation said...

Thanks, Janet, Kim and Leslie! It's been a crazy ride -- hope it goes on a while longer! -- Debbie

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS