Monday, October 12, 2009

Today is the day! Scrapbook Generation has officially been open for five years! I'm a little nostalgic today, and maybe a little superstitious...I'm wearing the same shirt I wore on opening day in 2004, one of my dad's dress shirts. I wore it for good luck five years ago, and I'm wearing it today for another five years of good luck! 

So many changes since then, both in products and in people. Karin and I started off keeping our "day jobs" until we were sure that SG would make it! She was teaching fifth graders by day, then working at the store until 7 each night, and all day Saturday. I was "retired," but still working as the A+ Schools coordinator at Mansfield half-time. I drove to Springfield every day after school, and also worked all weekend. Looking back, I don't know how we did it!

The biggest changes have been in Stacey and Allison. Stacey let it be known from the beginning that she would work with the computers, do the accounting and other chores, but she would not "do crafts." Now, she teaches more classes than any of the rest of us, and makes beautiful cards and scrapbook pages.

Scrapbook Generation has given Allison a launch into a world and career that she might not have ventured into without it. I remember the first page I asked her to make to display in the store, how much instruction she needed and how unsure she was. Now, she is nationally known, and her scrapbook pages are not just featured in magazines, but in idea books. She teaches classes at national conventions, and shares her expertise with others.

I've said this before, but it can't be said enough times. Thank you so much for your continued support and good wishes. The four of us work hard to bring you the best supplies, the best classes, the best events, and the best atmosphere possible. You are more than our customers. You are our friends! None of this would be possible without you! 

Karin and Stacey and Allison and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your help in making Scrapbook Generation the success it has been in the past five years! We're honored every time you choose to shop with us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only wish I lived closer so I could shop with you more....my husband is probably happy I am 3+ hours away....ha!

Linda from KS

Penny Peck said...

Congrats to all 4 of you. You have provided us with not only beautiful cards and lay-outs, but also with friendship. You all are a blessing!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS