Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm thrilled to present the debut of Scrapbook Generation's Designers Challenge Club! The group of about 25 club members met for the first time in mid-September, learned guidelines for the club, and received their first packet of materials. The $15 monthly club fee entitles club members to a packet of materials, the chance to display their own creations and to view the creativity of others in the club.

In mid-October, club members returned to Scrapbook Generation with their projects, all made from the same materials, with the addition of "approved" items like cardstock, stamps, punches, inks and paints and similar products, ribbons and buttons, mini-albums, and much more. The first packet of materials featured five patterned papers and two die-cut papers by BoBunny, a set of Thickers chipboard letters, chipboard buttons, three colors of tulle, a Bling-It swirl by BasicGrey, and flowers by Prima.

We had a great time looking at each other's projects. Some had made only cards, others had made only layouts. Some had made a combination, and others had made party favors, mini-albums, and even home decor items. Everyone had worked hard to add creative touches, and there were many, many ideas to share and learn.

First, some apologies. For some reason, I didn't end up with a photo of Corbi Beshears' project, which was a layout with a "Jacob's Ladder" mini-album incorporated into the page design. I will add that as soon as I can. Also, we have a long-distance club member who has emailed Stacey photos of her projects. However, I'm blogging while at our Branson retreat, and I'll have to add those photos as soon as I get together with Stacey on Monday. We also have a few ladies who were unable to attend Thursday night, and I'll also add their photos as soon as possible. Also apologies if I said something incorrect about any of the projects...I'm working from my pitiful memory, with no notes! I'll learn for next time to write things down!

The following beautiful and creative designs are all brought to you by the talented customers and friends of Scrapbook Generation! We will also be posting these projects on our Facebook page, probably in mini-galleries for each person, which will allow you to easily comment on each card or layout individually. If you would like to join this group, we take new members (both local and long-distance) at any time. Just email or call if you need more details!

Read on, and get inspired!

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Thanks for coming up with the idea for the Designers Challenge Club. It was so much fun. I loved the packet for the next challenge. It has beautiful colors to work with. This time I am going to start working a little earlier on the project (smile), instead of throwing it all together the last few days!

Denise said...

All the different ideas from the same products, it is inspiring. Thanks for sharing everyone's layouts, cards etc. with us. I enjoyed all the pictures. Keep on Scrappin'!!

debbi said...

As a long-distance member of the Designers Challenge Club, I was so excited to see these photos posted and check out what everyone else made with their packet! I was blown away by the variety, the creativity and the craftmanship. I am already learning so much by looking at what everyone else made. You guys are going to make me better.

Anonymous said...

Debbi, I think that you're going to have to plan a trip to be with us in person sometime for one of the meetings! We'll make it for a night before one of our Friday night crops and you can just make a whole weekend of it!

Anonymous said...

Debbi, I think that you're going to have to plan a trip to be with us in person sometime for one of the meetings! We'll make it for a night before one of our Friday night crops and you can just make a whole weekend of it!

debbi said...

Stacey, that would be so much fun! I am keeping an eye on the calendar to figure out when I can come in on Designers Challenge Club night and take a long family week-end in Branson. I would love to incorporate a crop night or a class into that as well.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS