Friday, March 16, 2007

Today, a bunch of odds and ends...

-- Prima has left the warehouse! Sometime Thursday, a huge shipment left California on its way to Scrapbook Generation. In all honesty, I've forgotten exactly what I ordered, but with Prima, that doesn't seem to matter -- it's all good. I did load up on the new assortments, and I do remember that the company is now offering lots of smaller packages, just right for a single project, and priced so that you can indulge without any guilt. The order could arrive as early as Monday or Tuesday, and I'll blog the minute I see the UPS guy pull up in the parking lot!

-- We also have acquired several new double-sided paper collections by American Crafts. Since BasicGrey is still hogging the "new wall," we've just scattered the other new papers throughout the store.

-- Classes at Scrapbook Generation are going nuts! Marti Blattert has 14 for her Scrapbook 101 class tomorrow, and Laura Parks already has 10 for her Grandparents Mini-Album coming up next week. Amy Estes had a great turnout for her Monogram Card Set class last week, and Allison Davis also had a good group for her Recipe Box class this week.

-- I haven't had huge classes like those mentioned above, but I have had lots of fun with the ladies who have taken the first two in my series of Friends and Food classes. So far, we've taste tested chocolate truffles in the first class, and cheddar ham chowder in the second. The recipes have met with rave reviews, and we've had fun decorating boxes and jars, recipe cards, and tags. There will be more in the series in April and May!

-- Classes in the immediate future include a cute Daisy D's Purse Mini-Album with Stacey Arnall ($8 on Wednesday, March 21 at 2 p.m.) a keepsake-quality Growth Chart with Allison Davis ($12 on Thursday, March 22 at 6 p.m. and you can choose between boy or girl colors), and an adorable Easter Album in a Box with Jennifer Mattix ($8 on Monday, March 26 at 6 p.m.). For pics of the projects, go to scrapbookgeneration.com.

-- If you missed the first set of four "Free Saturday Seminars," I'll be repeating those on Wednesdays all through the month of April. Newsletters should go out the end of next week.

-- There are now 93 (!!!!!) members in the Remember Me Club! We're going to host a party on a Sunday afternoon in April so that we can all share our progress so far.

-- On a totally-unrelated-to-scrapbooking-topic, I must apologize to my mother, my sister, Traci Snavely, and anyone else I've made fun of for getting hooked on reality shows. I have to confess that I'm now a "Grease: You're the One That We Want" addict. I've always loved the movie and several of its songs, and so I watched the first show just to hear some of my favorites. Now, I've watched every episode, and I'm cheering for Max to win the part of Danny in the Broadway show this summer! He's not the typical "hunk," which makes him the underdog, I guess. No muscles, face less than handsome, but he makes up for it with talent (and yes, I did call in and vote for him!). He's made it to the final three, and Sunday night I'll be glued to the television to see if he makes it to the finals! So from now on, I'll promise not to make catty remarks to those of you who can't live without a dose of "American Idol" or "The Apprentice."
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS