Thursday, August 24, 2006

Design Team member Amy Estes takes her turn at center stage today, as we introduce you, in-depth in their own words, to each of Scrapbook Generation's talented group.

Design Team Member #3: Amy Estes
Occupation: second grade teacher
Spouse: Ryan
Children: None, but a great dog, Harley!
Hobbies other than scrapbooking: Lake life, running, reading

-- How long have you been scrapbooking?
About six years.
-- When and where do you usually scrapbook?
When - every day - whenever I can! I have a room in the basement -- used to be a spare, but now I've overtaken the whole space! Only really, really special friends or my mom stay in that room!
-- How many pages do you complete in an average month?
Depends. Anywhere from 4-26.
-- What do you enjoy most about scrapbooking?
I am not an artist by any means. But I have always enjoyed making things, and I have especially always LOVED pictures. Scrapbooking has provided me a creative outlet I can use to combine my love of photos, people, places, and memories. It started as a hobby, and has now become a vital part of my life. No matter how I am feeling on any given day, I can open one of my scrapbooks, look at one of my magazines, create a layout, or simply sit in my "room," and I find that my attitude is positive, and I just look forward to sharing, living, and loving every minute of my life!
-- Describe your scrapbooking style.
I wish I had a word for my style, but it changes all the time. I think I would call my style eclectic. Other words I would use to describe my style would be balanced, urban, chic, fun, and unique.
--Why did being on the Design Team at Scrapbook Generation appeal to you?
I love scrapbooking, and I want to find a way to make it my job. I would love to use my photography skills, and I would love to make albums for people.
-- Why is Scrapbook Generation your favorite scrapbook store?
I love Karin and Debbie! They are always so nice! I love the layout of the store -- so easy to find what I'm looking for. I have also enjoyed the layout contests, and I just like it here, for no other reason than that.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS